The PNPECU PnP adapter kit for the M42 allows you to gain full control over the engine while allowing easy fitment into your car, be it the original car or after an engine swap. All OEM functionality is maintained where possible.
Please discuss with PNPECU if you wish to buy the kit for a Sport ECU as there will be several limitations but might still work for your particular situation.
The wiring adapter plugs straight into the OEM engine loom and then onwards to your ECU
- V4 Wiring adapter
- Fast acting air temp sensor
- Air temp sensor extension
Sport : Severe limitations to OEM functionality retained, please discuss with PNPECU to work out the best compromise for your requirements.
Race : All the OEM functionality can be maintained as well as additional functionality. DSG support, E-throttle support
Pro : All the OEM functionality can be maintained as well as additional functionality. DSG support, E-throttle support
Have a look at the MaxxECU compare page for further details on the difference between the ECUs.
PNPECU V4 Adapter
Updates from previous versions
- Integrated 8 channel ignition driver module that allows easy jumper changing to convert to smart coils. When a channel is not used for ignition then it´s available for low side control in the adapter.
- Second lambda input when the original engine had dual lambda sensors and new ECU supports it, otherwise single lambda connector is installed.
- 8pin and 14pin auxiliary IO connectors to allow easy adding of sensors and actuators or connecting to external CANBUSES
- All CANBUSES are available in the extra connectors even when used in the OEM loom.
- As many as possible OEM functionality is kept where possible and supported by the standalone ECU