The PNPECU MxxECU PnP adapter kit for the M52/S52 - Single Vanos - MS41 allows you to gain full control over the engine while allowing easy fitment into your car, be it the original car or after an engine swap. All OEM functionality is maintained where possible.
Some functionality may not be available with your supplied ECU so contact PNPECU to discuss
ECUs do not support the standard M52 / S52 cam sensor so for full 720° sync the user must fit a M50 vanos sensor or M54 sensor. Alternatively it's possible to use 360° mode without any issues. Vanos still works in 360° mode, but you cannot monitor the angle.
Please discuss with PNPECU if you wish to buy the kit as there will be several limitations but might still work for your particular situation.
The wiring adapter plugs straight into the OEM engine loom and then onwards to your ECU
- V4 Wiring adapter
PNPECU V4 Adapter
Updates from previous versions
- Integrated 8 channel ignition driver module that allows easy jumper changing to convert to smart coils. When a channel is not used for ignition then it´s available for low side control in the adapter.
- Second lambda input when the original engine had dual lambda sensors and new ECU supports it, otherwise single lambda connector is installed.
- 8pin and 14pin auxiliary IO connectors to allow easy adding of sensors and actuators or connecting to external CANBUSES
- All CANBUSES are available in the extra connectors even when used in the OEM loom.
- As many as possible OEM functionality is kept where possible and supported by the standalone ECU